Re: debian-installer latest netinst image failed to boot up on Ultra10

On Sun, Apr 04, 2004 at 01:14:39AM +0900, GOTO Masanori wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I tried to install sarge with debian-installer beta 3 netinst.iso and
> 2004-04-02 daily unstable snapshot netinst.iso, but kernel was failed
> to boot up with the failure of root filesystem mount.

[snip]

> 	...kernel boot message...
> 	Kernel panic: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on 00:00
> 	 Press L1-A to return to the boot prom
> 	sunmouse: Successfully adjusted to 1200 baud.

[snip]

And Alex Bartok has the same problem on a Ultra 60 [1] and I have the
same problem with my Sparcstation LX. Could you file a bug against
debian-installer [2] so we can be sure that the team working on the
installer is aware of this?

- Werner

[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-sparc/2004/debian-sparc-200403/msg00316.html
[2] http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?pkg=debian-installer