alsa's ioctl32 syscall wrappers, was [Re: HELP]

On Wed, Mar 24, 2004 at 11:13:03AM -0800, David S. Miller wrote:

> This is a kernel bug in the 32/64 bit syscall translation kernel
> code which is triggered now by a recent set of updates in unstable.
>
> Attached are the 2.4.x and 2.6.x versions of the fix.
While we're at syscall wrappers. My Ultra 5 locks up hard when trying to
play sound/run alsa mixer, etc after loading the ioctl32 module. Kernel
is 2.6.4. Nothing in the logs, I just rebuild with more debugging
enabled, but maybe somebody has an idea already.
Thanks,
 -- Guido