RE: noob with a few questions

I do kind of wish that Debian would define the run levels.  Only using run
level 2 as running everything has confused some people from other UNIX
worlds where 2 is typically single user no network, 3 multi-user network, 4
single user no network + X, and 5 is multi-user, network, X, kitchen sink
etc...

Not that I really care that much as I almost never worry about it, and only
don't like the fact that I have to explain it as different to other people.
For the most part I only ever use two run levels single and 2, with 2 being
fully booted to whatever I set up the system to be, and I don't really
change it much if ever.

-Bill