Boot woody on SS5

Hello,

I've installed Debian Woody from CD on a SparcStation5. the machine uses the hypersparc cpu with 170MHz.

I finished with "Make system bootable" and it went fine. After reboot I get stuck in PROM with the following message:

Boot device: /sbus/espdma/esp/sd@0,0:a File and args:

Can't open boot device

The harddisk is partitioned into
/dev/sda1 10MB /boot ext2
/dev/sda2 256MB swap
/dev/sda3 whole disk
/dev/sda4 600MB / ext2

Before rebooting I also tried running silo. Failed. Then chroot to /target and running silo again is fine.

Can anybody help me to get the sparcstation booting linux?? I want the system to boot automaticly into woody. As I remember from some years ago, I already worked with SuSE 7.3......

Thanks in advance

Christoph