Bridging on U60 with qfe

I would like to enabled bridging on my Ultra 60.  I have a Sun qfe card in
addition to the built-in hme port.  I enable bridging in the kernel, but
when I try to use it, I get the following errors:

# brctl addbr br0
NET4: Ethernet Bridge 008 for NET4.0
# brctl show
sys32_ioctl(brctl:468): Unknown cmd fd(3) cmd(000089f3) arg(effff9b0)
bridge name    bridge id                   STP enabled          interfaces

(br0 is not displayed)

# lsmod
Module              Size    Used by         Tainted:  P
bridge              20600     1  (autoclean)
(...)

# uname -a
Linux debian 2.4.18 #3 SMP ...

I believe there are issues that the kernel is 64 bit and the bridge
utilities 32 bit, but I thought it worked on the SPARC platform,
specifically under Debian.  Am I missing something?

Thanks,
   <> Jim