Re: Printer on Parallel port on Ultra 10

Emmanuel Kasper wrote:
> Does anyone here has already succeded in running a printer on his ultra 10
on the parallel port ?

I have the parallel port working just fine on my Ultra 5 (which is really
just a flatter version of the
Ultra 10). The following command shows that it even detects the printer
properly:

<<<
server:/proc$ cat /proc/sys/dev/parport/parport0/autoprobe
CLASS:PRINTER;
MODEL:HP LaserJet 1100;
MANUFACTURER:Hewlett-Packard;
COMMAND SET:MLC,PCL,PJL;
<<<

Just remember that these systems have commodity PC hardware. So add the
following to /etc/modules (for kernel 2.4) and reboot, or just insmod them:
<<<
parport_pc
lp
<<<