From: Satadru Pramanik [mailto:satadru@umich.edu]
Sent: Wednesday, October 01, 2003 2:14 AM
To: debian-sparc@lists.debian.org
Subject: debian/sparc serial console

I've transitioned my Ultra 10 from my primary Desktop machine to
network server (having acquired a powerbook for my primary needs  -
still trying to get Evolution compiled on that.)  I would like to
access this Ultra 10 only through a serial cable & ethernet, without
monitor or keyboard.  I should be able to do this through some settings
in Open Firmware right?

What do I need to set there, and what do I need to set inside linux so
that it stops pestering me about no keyboard being attached.  Can I set
these open firmware variables from inside linux?

The machine is running fine right now without monitor or keyboard
attached - I can access it fine through ssh.

And...
How do I disable X on boot?

This page:
http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/reference/ch-tips.en.html#s-no-x-
start
tells me that I could try this:
update-rc.d ?dm stop 99 1 2 3 4 5 6

I'm running on testing.  Would this work - I'm currently running
debian/testing on the box?

Satadru