Re: [gentoo-sparc] ss20 hypersparc smp update

On Thu, Sep 25, 2003 at 12:59:37PM -0400, Heitzso wrote:

> I wonder if a gentoo compile-from-scratch with
> hypersparc optimizations would help the 2.4 series?
> I'm guessing not, but don't know.

No.  The kernel is broken, and no amount of recompilation will help
you.  If you'd like to help, please join the sparclinux mailing list
and ask Pete Zaticev for his current project list.

> Also, on the way up into SMP 2.2.25, several
> "unimplemented sparc system call" error messages
> popped up on the console.  The unimplemented sparc
> calls were 32, 53, 69, and 89.  Should I be
> worried? (said nervously ...)

No, this is normal when programs and libraries are compiled against
2.4 headers and used on 2.2.  It should be harmless.

--
Keith M Wesolowski <wesolows@foobazco.org> http://foobazco.org/~wesolows
------(( Project Foobazco Coordinator and Network Administrator ))------