Re: sparc-mini.iso: Illegal instruction on my Ultra10

I used floppy disks on my Sparc4. I don´t know though if there is even the option to connect a floppy drive.

--Oliver

Olivier Bornet wrote:

Hello,

I want to re-install Debian on my Ultra 10. I want to directly install
sarge. I have try three methods:

1. direct boot of my sarge CD. Seems this is not a bootable CD.

2. with tftp. Unfortunately, the image :
  .../debian/dists/woody/main/disks-sparc/current/sun4u/tftpboot.img
  don't want to install from my sarge CD. And I have not found a tftp
  image for sarge.

3. with sparc-mini.iso from:
  http://auric.debian.org/~bcollins/disks-sparc/current/
  The CD boot, I can choose either the linux or the rescue kernel, but
  it say very soon (when loading the kernel I thing) "Illegal
  instruction".

What other possibilities exist ? One I don't have try, but must be
working is to install the stable Woody, and than upgrade. But is there a
more direct way to install sarge ? CD boot or netboot is OK for me.

Thanks in advance.

		Olivier