Re: cannot find sparc64.gz

> > > Does mplayer use VIS?
> >
> > Only under Solaris, via the mlib library.
> >
> > I've been meaning to code up the routines so Linux gets
> > VIS support under mplayer as well.
>  Would this be support for vector instructions in GCC or would this be
> an mlib replacement?
I think I mentioned this on list but hopefully shortly I will be looking
into the viability of adding VIS support for the vector data type sin
GCC.  TBH I don't know if this is what mplayer currently uses or not but
it might be a reasonable approach.

>  I went looking through some mplayer lists not too
> long ago and it seemed that the mlib support has bit rotted a bit.  Anyway,
> to the point I would like to see some of the vec_* functions from altivec.h
> available on sparc under vis.h or something.
Hopefully this isn't too far away - can I sign you up to help test? :-)

Cheers,
 - Martin

--
Martin