Re: cannot find sparc64.gz

On Tue, 19 Aug 2003 17:35:54 -0700
Andrew Sharp <andy@ccpu.com> wrote:

> Does mplayer use VIS?  I know on my box that has mplayer (x86 ville) it
> uses far more CPU with the SDL than when I specify xv as the video
> output device.  Can you try that?  And what happens if you specify
> something like an 8MB cache size?

The Xv video output is not supported on Sparc, so I can't compare these
values. I can use SDL, OpenGL (with or without multiple textures) or
plain X11/Xshm output. Both OpenGL and classic X output are completely
unusable on my machine, achieving a stellar frame rate of about one
frame per minute ;). SDL is faster, but still not sufficient. I tried
with or without caching, frame dropping, indexing, etc. with no
appreciable result.
Notably, using VLC instead of mplayer is a no-go, even with SDL, I only
get error messages about the impossibility to "allocate at least one
direct buffer" (using SDL) and a plain old "decoder stuck" outputting in
X11.

Bye,
Antonello.
--