Re: Something is wrong with SILO v. kernel image on Debian3.0r0sparcbin-1 CD

Hi Gabor.

No need to burn images.

It's just a while ago I had to solve that problem. I checked it yesterday
before I answered your question, but I did not wait long enougth to see the
error message when CD boot started.

You are right, you have to specify a root device. Take that one specified in
/boot/silo.conf on your CD.

In /boot/silo.conf you will find a line specifying the initial ram disk. Use
that. This means, you have to type:

/boot/sparc64 initrd=/dists/.....

Doing this I get the Woody installation init screen. I stopped when it came
to initialize the hard disk :-)

Regards,

   Hartwig