Re: Something is wrong with SILO v. kernel image on Debian3.0r0sparcbin-1 CD

Hi Hartwig,

That seems to do work from the boot prompt.

But I do not have yet a system so there is now / (root) and since this is bypasses the silo.conf (it seems) it quits at the end of booting the image.

So how I can do the install this way, I mean how the initrd will be loaded and from where. Or can I do the install with the rescue label

Sorry, asking this details, I am not new to linux at all but never had any problem this kind (with lilo or grub).... also this is my first attempt of installing debian.

I am an avid Slackware user. I installed slack on anything from 386dx, Dual Pentium Pro, all kinds of Pentiums, laptop (486SX) from floppy, over nfs anything you can thing of. I still like Slack but Patric stopped the Sparc port for some time...

Thanks in advance,

PS the final solution would probably to burn my on ISO (which I wanted to avoid so I just ordered one

Hartwig Atrops wrote:

The sparc64 image seems to be not gziped. Type in

at the silo promt.

Fixed in 3.0r1.