Cannot see all of harddrive in Ultra 5

I am aware that this may very well be a hardware problem, but I am not
sure that it is, and I believe there is a very good possibility that one
or more in this group have had to fight a similar problem, so now I try:

I have installed a Maxtor Diamondmax Plus 9 (80 GB)
http://www.maxtor.com/en/support/products/ata/desktop/diamondmax_plus_9/index.htm
in my Ultra 5 and I cannot get Linux fdisk to see more that about 13.5
GB of the drive. I am using Debian 3.0_r1.

I have tried with the jumper on "master" and on "cable select". No
difference. Then I tried using the CLJ jumper. No difference.

What should I try next?

Best regards,
David List