Re: Debian 3.0 on Netra X1, installs but won't run

Nope, it's not a Sparc thing, it's an IDE thing. Maybe it depends on the motherboard, but just last week I was building a OpenBSD box out of spare parts that wouldn't boot because the CD on the second IDE was jumpered as a master.

Marc Singer wrote:

Interesting.  I've never had a problem with it on IA32 motherboards.
Is this specific to the Sparc implementation, or have I always been
doing things wrong?