Booting Problems from Install CD

When replying to this message, please cc: me, as I'm not subscribed to this list.

I am attempting to install Debian 3.0 on a Sparc IPX that lacks a floppy drive. As I don't have root access to any other Sparcs, I cannot setup a TFTP server for boot net. So, logically, I decided that the best way to install Debian would be to burn a bootable CD. The only problem is that the CD lacks vmunix, and I don't know where to find an image of CD 1 that really is bootable... (I used jigdo to get the first group of ISOs.)

The error that caused me to determine the problem was a magic number error after typing "boot cdrom" at the ok prompt.

So, if anyone could help me, I would appreciate it very much...

Thanks,
William
--
William Sherwin