Re: sunhme ethernet (receiver?) locking up w/ ultra1 and 2.4.18-.20

On maanantai, helmi 3, 2003, at 17:14 Europe/Helsinki, Irvin Probst wrote:

I have two Ultra 1, one running OpenBSD, the other one Solaris 9. They
do not have to deal with a lot of bandwitdh (10BT on the local network,
512k DSL with the outside world) but sometimes I use them for big file
transfers. They both have have one HME card, the gateway has a lance
ethernet card too.
With Linux I'm unable to complete a Debian woody network install without
timeouts during packages downloading, and I can't make a 100 MB scp
without having to reboot the U1. With Solaris I've never seen any

Funny that I didn't encouter this when I installed woody on the box.. I
did the install via HTTP from the local network (10BT), the same connection
that later proved fatal. Maybe the installation kernel was patched but
the dist kernel wasn't, which would certainly be odd.. Or maybe the penguin
wast just  blessed by coincidence..

Being a bit fresh with Sun h/w, I wouldn't have expected such bugginess
from their equipment. Back to Earth then ;)

timeout or driver freeze problem (I've only tested Solaris 9), nor did I
with OpenBSD or NetBSD. I'm not using *BSD for pleasure (their init
system inherently sux), but it's the only way I've found to use these
computers with a free operating system.

Not to mention the lack of apt (until the fine Debian/NetBSD ppl get their
act together ;)

Anyway, I could recommend the patch recommended by Dave Love. The driver seems to do a reset every 30 MB or so, but it doesn't even cause noticeable
delays..

--
p f p @ i k i . f i,   {040, +358-40} - 532 95 80
look like this pie lake is empty