Re: sunhme ethernet (receiver?) locking up w/ ultra1 and 2.4.18-.20

On Tue, 2003-02-04 at 00:40, Peter Parkkali wrote:

> Anyway, I  could recommend the patch recommended by Dave Love. The
> driver seems to do a reset every 30 MB or so, but it doesn't even cause
> noticeable delays..

I tried two different patchs a few months ago, none of them had a
satisfying behaviour. I remember that one of them added a udelay() line
as the patch you described in your previous email, but with the help of
Murphy The Great I still had timeouts every XY Mbits.
If one day I'm lucky enough to find another Ultra 1 I'll try Linux again
(or if I get bored of OpenBSD), but I don't intend to reinstall
everything now. (if it ain't broken ....)
BTW I'm very happy with Linux on an old SparcStation 2 :)

--
Irvin Probst
There are 10 types of people in the world... those who understand binary