apt request

Hi

Dunno if this is the right place for this.

But maybe somebody here can point me in the right direction or point this request to the appropriate destination!

Can somebody take a look at Sylpheed 0.8.9 and see if they can get it to compile for the current Debain Sparc spin and get it up on the apt list along with whatever other new packages are needed to load it and get it working.

This was where I got stuck because when I try to compile it I get;

checking for working aclocal-1.4... missing
checking for working automake-1.4... missing
checking for glib-config... no
checking for GLIb - version >= 1.2.6... no

Then it stalls saying:

*** The glib-config script installed by GLIB could not be found
*** If GLIB was was installed in PREFIX, make sure PREFIX/bin is in
*** your path, or set the GLIB_CONFIG environment variable to the
*** full path to glib-config.
configure: error: Test for GLIB failed. See the file 'INSTALL' for help.

At this point I am in over my depth.

The reason I want this newer version is they have fixed a few of the annoyances with 0.7.4.

Like you can right click on an Email and create a rule without having to go to the tool drop down menu etc etc etc

Cheers

John

--
Sent using Sylpheed 0.7.4. Secure, stable and nothing to do with Microsoft.

aMSN williamhgates2001@msn.com
GnomeICU 92791912