Re: 2.4.20 doesn't boot (watchdog reset)

On Fri, Jan 24, 2003 at 07:38:38AM -0700, santiago wrote:
> With regards to booting with a kernel with initrd enabled:
> the kernel will boot fine if an initrd image is made and pointed to in
> your silo.conf; e.g.
> 	sparc/boot> mkinitrd myinitrdname.img 2.4.19-ac4
> you should subsistute you kernel directory name as it is in /lib/modules/
>
> then your kernel with initrd compiled in should boot. (at least the initrd
> part will work).

[ Please don't Cc: me on list mail ]

I know how initrd works; I use one for booting my ultra 60 with
raid+lvm.  However, my SS5 _will not boot_ a 2.4 kernel that has initrd
_support_ compiled in, regardless of whether I specify an initrd image
in silo.conf.  Doesn't make much sense to me, but there it is.  In
this case it's no big deal; I just boot with a 2.4 kernel which
doesn't support initrd.

  The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that
  they be properly armed.
          -- Alexander Hamilton