Re: E450 Fan tray noise

Eddie's version from a few years back did support E450 but the fan control never did work properly for that boardset. A while back it was re-written by somebody at Sun to support a few SME boardsets and the support for E450 was removed.

At this time, I can vouch for envctrl on CP1400, CP1500 and possibly Netra-T1/105. Neither SME "AX" boardsets nor SMCC (E450,E250,etc) are supported by this driver. Under the sheets they are all very similar, but the OBP layout seems to change with the seasons and some are more cryptic than others.

I've been toying with envctrltwo on an E250, but time is scant so I cannot commit to anything. If somebody decides to work on this I would not mind speaking with them so we can come up with a better envctrl infrastructure and possibly leverage the i2c subsystem instead of the current 'roll-your-own' support.

Ian Cass wrote:
OK I've delved into this a bit deeper...

It looks like there was a patch to the envctrl driver way back in 2.2.16
which changed the way the driver found the environment controls on the sbus.

-			if (!strcmp(edev->prom_name, "SUNW,envctrl"))
+			if (!strcmp(edev->prom_name, "i2c")) {

My Prom returns the names the old way, like this...

ebus0: [auxio] [power] [SUNW,pll] [sc] [se] [su] [su] [ecpp] [fdthree]
[eeprom] [flashprom] [SUNW,envctrl]

So it seems the driver isn't finding the hardware. Prom version problem
perhaps?

PROMLIB: Sun IEEE Boot Prom 3.12.3 1998/12/04 14:20

Is there anyone with an E450 for whom envctrl works?

--
Ian Cass