Re: E450 Fan tray noise

On Thu, Jan 02, 2003 at 01:30:33PM +0100, Rene van Dijk wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just finished installing Debian Woody on an Ultra E450 without major
> problems. The only annoying thing is the systems fans keep running at full
> speed.
> Previously this system was running Solaris 2.6 and the fans ran at full
> speed during boot. After a successfull boot they switched to 'low' speed.
>
> How can I silence my E450 :)

I recall that there is a kernel config option (compile time) for a
module to handle this.

I _think_ I included this as a module in the default kernels. Give
modconf a look to see if there's something in the sparc specific modules
(like an env module or something).

--
Debian     - http://www.debian.org/
Linux 1394 - http://www.linux1394.org/