Re: Help with Sparc

On Thu, Jan 09, 2003 at 11:26:44AM -0800, Curt Howland wrote:
> Many thanks to everyone, I am now subscribed to the Sparc list.
>
> The cdrom was purchased by a friend of mine (whose sparc this is), I
> don't know from where. Yes, I agree it seems to have a default config
> which is seriously messed up.
>
> The cdrom is labeled as Debian 3.0 Woody.

Sounds like it is booting the kernel ok, just not passing the root.bin
as an initrd. Try this command line:

(NOTE: the sparc32.gz might just need to be sparc32, do an "ls /boot" to
see, and yes, SILO supports ls).

SILO: /boot/sparc32.gz initrd=/debian/dists/stable/main/disks-sparc/current/images-1.44/root.bin

--
Debian     - http://www.debian.org/
Linux 1394 - http://www.linux1394.org/