Re: improving ssh2 performance on SPARCv8/SPARCv9 systems

On Thu, 21 Mar 2002 08:12:09 +0000, Paul Hedderly wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 20, 2002 at 11:47:03PM -0800, Joshua Uziel wrote:
> > I think the "even if" are the key words in that, based on that the
> > respondee has sun4m machines. Personally, I think it would be nice if
> > certain selected packages could be downloaded with v8 or v9
> > optimization, but it wouldn't make much sense in most cases... much like
> > how most apps don't need to be 64-bit.
>
> Wouldn't it be nice to be able to tell dpkg "package X should be rebuilt
> locally with this option or patch when ever there is something new"

Would it be possible to have a separate libssl-sparcv8 package which
provides libssl, in a similar vein to libc6-dev-sparc64, which provides
libc6-dev?

--
	Peter Haworth	pmh@edison.ioppublishing.com
"Anything is possible, everything is permitted, and there are