Re: improving ssh2 performance on SPARCv8/SPARCv9 systems

On Thu, Mar 21, 2002 at 01:59:18AM -0500, Ben Collins wrote:
> Even if I make the v8 change, your machine will still be supported. v8
> includes sun4m (ss5/ss10/ss20/ssLX class systems), sun4d, and sun4u.
> It would effectively kill off ss1/ss2/IPC class systems.

Wouldn't that be the first deliberate abandonment of machine hardware in
the history of our Project?

Or am I misunderstanding, and SPARCStation1/2 and IPC machine users will
still have a choice?

--
G. Branden Robinson                |    It's like I have a shotgun in my
Debian GNU/Linux                   |    mouth, I've got my finger on the