Re: Woody on Sparccenter 2000

Le Wed, Nov 20, 2002 at 07:26:55PM -0600, gkm-qmlist@moe.gawd.mb.ca a écrit :
> I'm trying to get an SMP kernel working on the same architecture (Sun4D)
> and I've had the same issues.  SMP causes watchdog errors, NonSMP works just
> fine (even to finding all the processors)
> If anyone has a solution to this, I'd love to hear it, I really really don't
> want to run Solaris on this box.

I looked at what happened inside the kernel...
It seems (in my case) the problem occurrs around the call
to zs_probe() in sunserial.c.
More precisely, I can output messages right before, but the kernel doesn't
seem to enter the zs_probe() function. What are the problems that may cause
these symptoms ?

any idea ?

thanks

--
*   4th year student in Software Engineering    *