Re: SPARC v8 libc and libssl packages

On Fri, Apr 26, 2002 at 09:39:14 -0700,
Andrew Sharp <andy@netfall.com> wrote:
> I forgot to tell everyone that I built libc and libssl packages for
> potato and woody with the SPARC v8 code generator option.  I've
> installed them on my machines with no ill effects.

unfortunately, i can't say the same thing.

after installing your libc6 and libssl, and afterwards some programs,
but far from all, died with "Illegal Instruction" (SIGILL under strace).
reverting to the original libc6 fixed the problem, as far as i can tell
ATM. the speedup for ssh DSA key generation is impressive though.

platform is a dual SS20, running woody with a vger-2.4.18 kernel.

--
Thomas 'Mike' Michlmayr  | ignorami: n: The BOFH art of folding problem
<mike+sig@cluon.priv.at> |           lusers into representational shapes.