Re: SILO prompt

On Sat, Apr 27, 2002 at 03:18:23PM -0400, Michael Mueller wrote:
> I just booted on my new 2.2r6 sparc CD and typed:
> ok: boot cdrom
>
> then I got a message from SILO stating that it needed to know the CDROM
> interface type: I for IDE, S for SCSI, O for Other.  The response is case
> sensitive.  I was entering 'I'.  It wanted 'i'.  Entering 'o' returned
> "FIXME".  I guess this is more of a SILO issue.  Should I forward this report
> to the SILO group?

No, it is a mistake on my part. Just ignore it, it's been fixed for
woody.

> Things look familiar now even though I don't know SPARC or debian very well.

Booting is 9/10's of the learning curve for using Debian on SPARC, if
you are already familiar with x86 Debian. After that, it should be
smooth sailing.

--
Debian     - http://www.debian.org/
Linux 1394 - http://linux1394.sourceforge.net/