Re: problems with installing Woody on Ultra 1

On Tue, 16 Apr 2002, Johanka Dolezalova wrote:
[snip errors]

> I tried root=/dev/scd0, /dev/scd1, /dev/ram (I've read
> this hint somewhere) but it didn't work... And my Ultra
> is unable to boot from floppy (or I'm stupid BFU?),
> I tried to tell boot floppy, fd, fd0, it doesn't even
> touch the floppy, probably it's old and broken (it's
> also very dirty, but it isn't my machine :)).

Dunno about your problem with the CD, but if a 'boot floppy' doesn't work
from the OpenPROM you've probably got a broken machine wrt booting from
floppy. It's a Firmware/hardware problem.

If you've got a spare machine, try the tftp-images from
http://auric.debian.org/~bcollins/disks-sparc/current/

regards,
Thomas
--

	A race of altruists is necessarily a race of slaves.
	A race of free men is necessarily a race of egoists.

	 -- Max Stirner