Re: Woody and Sparcs

* on the Sun, Apr 07, 2002 at 10:28:01PM -0600, David Morris wrote:
> I have recently been considering playing with Woody on my sparc system
> (SS20), and I was just curious how stable Woody is on the Sparc
> architecture lately?

I've got woody running on a SS10. Rock-solid. The only problem might
be the kernel. Up until now, I wasn't able to use a 2.4-kernel (though
I haven't tried lately).

> What problems would I be likely to encounter?

With woody: No woody-specific problems.

> I know
> as of a few months ago, Woody was not very stable on a Sparc at all,

Can't second that. I've got woody running on that SS10 since november
or something. It's very stable. The uptime right now is 47 days (you
can see it in my X-Uptime in the header), it would have been more if
some dork hadn't turned off the power by accident.

Cheers
Peter
--
Those who give up essential liberties for temporary safety deserve
neither liberty nor safety. -- Benjamin Franklin