Re: improving ssh2 performance on SPARCv8/SPARCv9 systems

On Thu, Mar 21, 2002 at 04:34:15PM +0800, Jean-Paul Blaquiere wrote:
> er, please tell us how.  To date i (and several others on this list) have
> had major hassles getting 2.4.x running on non ultra sparcs.
> even if you tell me  a kernel version and send me a /boot/config I'll be
> happy.  I *really* want journalling support.  and iptables.  and raid ...
> and ... and ...  *smile*

Interesting... I am running woody with 2.4.x on an SS20 with no problems
at all.  The machine is powered off right now (I have better, faster
(relatively speaking) Ultra 1s so it doesn't get much use) but I'm happy
to share working kernel .configs or even kernel image .debs with people
who need them.

I knew that SPARC32 wasn't actively maintained, but I had no idea it
wasn't supposed to work!  8^)

noah