Re: correct video driver for Ultra1

Wed, 13 Mar 2002 08:36:32 +0100 (CET), "Thomas J. Zeeman" <tjzeeman@cs.vu.nl> a écrit :

> On Wed, 13 Mar 2002, Faheem Mitha wrote:
> > sure about the video driver. I am using the suncg6 driver, which however
> > appears to have only 8 bit colour. This looks terrible with graphical

> > Sorry for the cluelessness. I don't know anything about Sun hardware and
> > have been surfing the web and getting more confused.
>
> That, unfortunately is a problem I've encountered as well :(
> As soon as it is no longer supported by Sun, info is disappearing at
> ligthspeed or at least becomes very hard to find.
> Lucky me the CS-department has many old-time sun-admins here.

Sun has made the handbooks available online, even for EOL hardware.
You can find these here :

http://sunsolve.sun.com/handbook_pub/

and even more various documents here (still hardware related,
but sorted on the part number of the document itself,
so it's quite hard to find what you want) :

http://sunsolve.sun.com/data

--
Hervé LAURENT                                                    TEAMLOG

RENAULT DTSI/DTS/SIAO Service 18410  - TCR AVA 0 74 -  Tél.: 01349 50584