Re: Sun type 5 keyboard layout on XFree 4

 > Have you guys tried using "type5_euro" for your XkbModel?

 > Let me know if it works,

It doesn't for me per se.  This is with a UK keyboard, about which
I've asked previously.  What's the incantation supposed to be to
specify a UK layout?

I resorted to xmodmap to get a usable system.  This seems to be an
important release issue.

 > and I'll add mention of it to the xkb_model debconf template.

The console-data package lists a bunch of Type 5 alternatives, though
I get a kernel oops (just reported) if I try to load the UK map with
loadkeys.  Does X interrogate the console keymap, and could that be
part of my problem?

Is there any useful doc on the xkd stuff under XFree4, or could you
provide some general recipe to try for keyboards of different
nationalities?