Re: Sun type 5 keyboard layout on XFree 4

On Sun, Dec 16, 2001 at 07:57:28AM +0100, Christian Jönsson wrote:
> I would just like to say that I have the same problem, only I'm on a
> Swedish keyboard which ought to be the same as Finnish. I'd consider
> this a bug, valid for the debian bug reporting system, that I just
> yesterday started looking at.
>
> Cheers,
>
> /ChJ
>
> Paavo Hartikainen wrote:
>
> >I have got Finnish Sun type 5c keyboard and current XFree 4.1 in Woody
> >works otherwise fine but one key needs fixing.  Every time I restart X
> >server, I have to execute this to get the key between "left shift" and
> >"Z" to behave as expected:
[...]
> >       Option          "XkbModel"      "type5"
> >       Option          "XkbLayout"     "fi"

Have you guys tried using "type5_euro" for your XkbModel?

Let me know if it works, and I'll add mention of it to the xkb_model
debconf template.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |      We either learn from history or,
Debian GNU/Linux                   |      uh, well, something bad will