Re: Kernel 2.4.16

On Wed, 5 Dec 2001, Andrew Sharp wrote:

> Sounds like maybe something is wrong with the preceding lines.  How
> about deleting all the comment lines before hand.  Or adding one.
> Mine looks like this:
>
> benedict:/usr/share/kernel-package# cat /etc/exports
> # /etc/exports: the access control list for filesystems which may be
> exported
> #               to NFS clients.  See exports(5).
> / 10.0.0.0/255.0.0.0(rw,no_root_squash)
> benedict:/usr/share/kernel-package#
Done several times when I was fighting against i386-NFS kernel server.
My box at home even shows the problem but I gave up fiddling around with
changing the sequence of lines or setting comments anywhere.

If a comment should be necessary at the top or somewhere else this is
a bug - a brain dead bug.  Moreover it's undocumented and unaceptable
for me and I really do not want to waste my limited time to track down
brain dead bugs.

If no one has a better idea I think I will file a bug report in the next
couple of days.

Thanks for your comments

          Andreas.