Screen blanking/DPMS with Sun Ultra1

Hello everyone.

I have a lot of Sun Ultra1 boxes with Sun monitors. Until recently they
ran under Solaris. With this setup they monitors went into some sort of
power saving mode after some time of inactivity.

All those boxes now run Woody with XFree 4.1.0.1. Unfortunately
either the graphics hardware (the suncg6 driver is used) or the monitor
don't support DPMS (option "DPMS" is given in the monitor section): the
logfile says
(WW) SUNCG6(0): Option "DPMS" is not used
(WW) SUNCG6(0): Option "StandByTime" is not used
(WW) SUNCG6(0): Option "SuspendTime" is not used
(WW) SUNCG6(0): Option "OffTime" is not used

Now the boxes all have their monitors on all the time which is
definitely not what I want. Is there a way to use power saving with
this setup? Or at least some sort of screen blanking and/or a
screensaver?

I'm using KDM btw.

Thanx for any help.

--