Success with E420R

Hello,

I managed to install debian potato from the official CD on a Sun
E420R with 4 CPU and 4 GB memory. There were some problems:

1. Boot would not recognize all 4 GB of memory and crash with
  WARNING: not all physical memory mapped in IOMMU
  Try booting with mem=xxxM or similar
Booting with parameter mem=2048M worked

2. Installation via network crashed while trying to mount NFS
filesystem. Message:
Kernel panic: Wheee. Kernel does fpu/atomic unaligned load/store.
I think this was an error in Linux 2.2.19 used in tftpboot.img

Later I installed Kernel 2.4.17-pre2 on the machine and everything
was fine.

I have another machine for testing, which is a domain on an E10k.
However, I have not yet succeeded in booting via tftp. The image
from woody and the latest from Ben both crash the machine via
arbstop, the image from potato (apart from problem #2 above) fails
to find serial devices and stops. Any hints appreciated.

JSt