Re: Installation / RCS

On Mon, Dec 03, 2001 at 11:35:44AM +1100, Del Campo, Damian wrote:
> Hi, I'm running potato on a SS2 and don't have rcs installed for some
> reason.

You could just install it from the Debian package: apt-get install rcs

> I downloaded 5.7 from the url given in the HOWTO and for some reason can't
> get it to install.
>
> As root I placed it in /etc/rcs-5.7 and then tried to install. I ran the
> following two commands
> ># configure
> ># make install

a) Don't put things in /etc, use /tmp.

b) Do "./configure" and "make" as normal user, and run "make install" as
   root. Do this only if you really want to built it yourself.

Ben

/                   Ben Collins    --    Debian GNU/Linux                  \