Re: HELP 2.4 booting on a serial console (resend)

Let's just make it clearer.

2.2.20-smp works fine on the box (serial boot OK, no "unaligned panic"
either) , but I still can't do any softRaid Stuff.

Regarding raid, this 2.2.20 comes from stable Deabian release, and using the
raidtools from the SAME debian release won't work. That's why I considered
using 2.4.x., and probably raidtools2.

I also considered 2.4.x because of vlan support, but that's not a big issue.

Now the question :

I can work for myself trying to patch 2.2.20 to get raid stuff work (but I
think It's gonna be hard because it's already partially patched by debian
maintainer)

or

I could work for anybody willing to boot 2.4.10 via a serial console
(Anyhow, I can't beleive that nobody's using 2.4.10 on some Netra boxes. How
come they do not have this problem???), and enjoy helping the community :).
But for this, I'd need some troubleshooting hints. That's what I asked for
in my previous mail...

Thxs & Rgds

G.