RE: Debian on SPARCstation-5 ?

From: Marcel Hicking [mailto:hicking@du.gtn.com] told us Tuesday, September
04, 2001 3:01 PM
> I have a SPARCstation-5 170 Mhz with 256MB of memory
> and I would like to run Debian on it.
> Are there any known issues I'd better check
> before finally deciding to kick the currently
> running NetBSD?

For my SS5, I could boot and install with a kernel supplied whith the
2.2r0's.
Then I opened the box to know what's inside, and built my own kernel.
But X would not work until an update 3 months later. (as you don't need
it...).

> Could anyone comment on stablenes of such a system?
As Ben says, I hope yours will be stable. Mine, with 32MB and used as an
xterm, always booted and worked fine.

Feth

--
please don't read below.

ATTENTION  :
Si vous n'êtes pas destinataire de ce message, vous n'êtes pas autorisé à copier, retransmettre, distribuer, révéler ou conserver le contenu de ce message.

WARNING  :
If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorised to copy, disclose, distribute or retain in this e-mail.