Re: More Problems (Install)

hi,

perhaps that helps.

- the server must have enabled rarp, arp and tftp that the sun box will
be able to fetch the kernel.
- the kernel must be on a.out format the the sun box can execute it.
so you have to gunzip the default debian kernel and then make a aout
file with the elftoaout utility. can be found at
ftp://ultra.linux.cz/OS/Linux/Sparc/local/elftoaout
- the standard debian kernel does not include kernel-ip-config so that
the linux kernel will fetch the net configs from bootp or a dhcp server.
so for first your first boot you have to give the parameters "boot net
ip=<ip-addr> nfsroot=<server-addr>:<folder-name>". if you only give the
nfsroot it will give you the following error: "RPC: sendmsg returned
error 51".
- so after starting your debian linux compile your new kernel with
enabled nfsroot, kernel-auto-conf and more..... and don't forget to make
a new aout kernel with the elftoaout utility!