Re: Which floppy drive

On Fri, Dec 15, 2000 at 02:20:28PM +0100, Andreas Tille wrote:
> because I'm not able to burn a Debian sparc boot CD just now I wonder
> if I could insert a floppy drive into my brandnew E250 server to
> install Debian from floppy.
>
> Any hints if I could use normal PC IDE hardware?

Sun machines are able to boot from network, so instead of fiddling with
new hardware, it might be easier to do a net boot. See section 5.5 from
the installation manual:

  http://www.debian.org/releases/potato/sparc/install

Erik

Phone: +31-15-2783635  Fax: +31-15-2781843  Email: J.A.K.Mouw@its.tudelft.nl