Re: Which floppy drive

On Sun, 17 Dec 2000, Erik Mouw wrote:

> Sun machines are able to boot from network, so instead of fiddling with
> new hardware, it might be easier to do a net boot. See section 5.5 from
> the installation manual:
>
>   http://www.debian.org/releases/potato/sparc/install
Hmm, my box seems not to find the tftp image.  It just repeats:

Timeout waiting for ARP/RARP packet

My reseller (which declared not to support Linux in any way :-(()
said that this is not possible with the E250 because it searches for
some configuration files using ARP protocol.

Another chance would be, if someone could ship a Debian boot cd (I'm
currently unable to burn one myself :-()

Hope to get my "Christmas gift" running this week ...

Kind regards

        Andreas.