Re: mpg123 for Debian 2.2 SPARC - .deb available?

Hi,

There are 3 options:

1. Consider xmms. This works fine under X.

2. You may try to compile the mpg123 source itself and install under
   /usr/local.

3. Debian package solution:

You shall try to compile from the source. I managed to compile from
the woody distribution and works with potato.

One way to do it. It may be dangarous if you install other packages at
the same time. (You will have a mixture of potato and woody.)

edit the /etc/apt/sources.list
and change the sources from stable to unstable.

from the prompt

apt-get update
apt-get source --compile mpg123
ls *.deb
dpkg -i mpg123...sparc.deb

edit the /etc/apt/sources.list
change back the sources from unstable to stable.

apt-get update

will change back the sources to stable.

You need to have the debtools to do this.

Gabor
PS.

I can send you the deb file, about 85 KB.
mpg123_0.59r-6_sparc.deb