Re: sparc-newbie questions

Hi Jeremy,

I'm running RedHat 6.2 on my Ultra 10, and there was a native SPARC version of Netscape
communicator in the distribution.  It is version 4.51.

You should be able to go to RedHat's FTP site (or any of its mirrors that support SPARC),
and download the RPMs.  If you can't find them, let me know, and I'll see if I can grab
them off of the CD for you.

Also, here's the relevant portion of my XF86Config, that seems to work just fine:

# To disable the XKEYBOARD extension, uncomment XkbDisable.
#    XkbDisable
# To customise the XKB settings to suit your keyboard, modify the
# lines below (which are the defaults).  For example, for a non-U.S.
# keyboard, you will probably want to use:
#    XkbModel    "pc102"
# If you have a US Microsoft Natural keyboard, you can use:
#    XkbModel    "microsoft"
#
# Then to change the language, change the Layout setting.
# For example, a german layout can be obtained with:
#    XkbLayout   "de"
# or:
#    XkbLayout   "de"
#    XkbVariant  "nodeadkeys"
#
# If you'd like to switch the positions of your capslock and
# control keys, use:
#    XkbOptions  "ctrl:nocaps"
    XkbRules    "sun"
    XkbModel    "type5_unix"