Re: New set of sparc boot disks

On Sat, Jan 15, 2000 at 08:33:42PM -0800, John Chapman wrote:
> On Sat, 15 Jan 2000, Ben Collins wrote:
>
> > The new set of disks are at:
> >
> > ftp://marcus.debian.net/pub/debian/disks-sparc/current

<sun4c failures>

This is truly odd since they are the exact same kernels as before.

> The same floppy and tftp images boot OK on an LX, although I didn't go
> through the whole installation process, since I didn't want to wipe out my
> NetBSD installation, but I'll find another disk to try it with.  However,
> the "reboot" doesn't seem to work either from the menu, or from the
> command line.  And "ping" complains about an "unknown protocol icmp".

Yeah, I noticed the ping and reboot problems, and they are on my list of
things "todo".

> And on the SS5, things went OK until it was time to install the base
> system; the default address gives us a "404 not found" message, and trying
> to fetch base2_2.tgz from kachinatech gave the same "http failed" message
> as before.  And no reboot or ping, either.

Does the net install allow ftp? If not I can make these available via http
from the same site aswell. If it does allow ftp, then you should use the
ones an the debian.net address.

> Sorry for the bad news.  The new console font looks nice, though :-)

Things will get better. I'de be more worried about lack of response on
testing than major problems (that font is nice :)

Thanks for the feedback, let me know if you find anything elsem especially
wrt the sun4c problem.

`     bcollins@debian.org  --  bcollins@openldap.org  --  bmc@visi.net     '