Re: New set of sparc boot disks

On Sun, 16 Jan 2000, Ben Collins wrote:

> On Sat, Jan 15, 2000 at 08:33:42PM -0800, John Chapman wrote:
> > On Sat, 15 Jan 2000, Ben Collins wrote:
> >
> > > The new set of disks are at:
> > >
> > > ftp://marcus.debian.net/pub/debian/disks-sparc/current
> >

> <sun4c failures>
>
> This is truly odd since they are the exact same kernels as before.

I tried both the old and the new tftpboot images on the IPX once again;
the old one uncompresses itself and continues with the installation, but
the new one doesn't.

> > And on the SS5, things went OK until it was time to install the base
> > system; the default address gives us a "404 not found" message, and trying
> > to fetch base2_2.tgz from kachinatech gave the same "http failed" message
> > as before.  And no reboot or ping, either.
>
> Does the net install allow ftp? If not I can make these available via http
> from the same site aswell. If it does allow ftp, then you should use the
> ones an the debian.net address.

No, when I enter the ftp://marcus.debian.net address, I get a message
"Unknown method 'ftp' in URL."  I also tried putting the base2_2.tgz onto
a server on the local LAN and accessing it with http, but the SS5 can't
seem to find it, which is odd.  Tried the IP address as well as the domain
name, but no luck.  The other machines on the LAN find it with no
problems.  I'll try fussing around with it some more this afternoon.

John Chapman        hannes@eskimo.com       hannes@pop.nwnexus.com