Re: ANN: initial sparc potato boot floppies ready for testing

J. S. Connell wrote:
> On Sun, 9 Jan 2000, Eric Delaunay wrote:
>
> > On this topic, do you know about a way of identifying the type of console
> > connected to the serial line ?  Is there an escape sequence that returns vt100
> > or the like ?
>
> [...]
>
> I'd tend to say that assuming VT100 until told otherwise by the user isn't
> a bad idea.  In fact, you can probably get away with assuming VT102.

Thanks for all the messages I received.

I will try to add code to init.c that will assume TERM=vt102 by default when
booting on serial console.  It could be overriden by passing TERM=xxx at boot
time.
However, I don't have time to write it immediatly.  Just wait few more days...
will go in before next monday.

Btw, there are no vt100/vt102 terminfos in boot-floppies but it does apparently
not hurt dbootstrap.  Do I need to add them to the terminfo database excerpt
the boot-floppies have in?

Regards.

--
 Eric Delaunay                 | S'il n'y a pas de solution, c'est qu'il n'y
 delaunay@lix.polytechnique.fr | a pas de problème.   Devise Shadok.