Re: WARNING: the latest boot floppies are broken

Ben Collins wrote:
> This is in reference to the boot floppies I just posted about earlier
> today.
>
> a) busybox's init seems to be broken. If you switch to vt 2 (ALT+F2) you
> can hit enter and manually start `dbootstrap'
>
> b) the filename selection for drivers.tgz and rescue.bin when installing
> those from mounted or nfs is broken. This is hardcoded, so wait till the
> next upload tonight.
>
> I have succesfully booted via nfsroot and installed on to a mounted nfs
> partition (dbootstrap wont let you select an NFS partition for the root fs
> to install to, you have to manually mount it via the shell). This is on
> ultrasparc, so let me know about others. Note, I plan to remove RARP from
> the kernels, and force putting all the info on the boot command, simply
> because kernel RARP detects the IP wrongly (and PROM detects it
> correctly).

What is the problem with RARP ?  I always make use of it to boot my
sparc2 & SparcClassic, but might only be a problem on ultra ?
Anyway, we don't expressly need it for sun4m & sun4u kernels as the more
common install would be based on tftpboot image that don't required it.
Could you leave it in sun4c kernel for very old sparcstations that don't have
enough memory to fit tftpboot image in and then use RARP+NFSROOT method.

Regards.