Re: ANN: initial sparc potato boot floppies ready for testing

> 3. booting from network+nfsroot (linux-a.out from sun4cdm/ and root.tar.gz)
>
> Report: can boot the kernel but was unable to mount the nfsroot fs because this
>   kernel is not configured for root on NFS ;(( (need CONFIG_IP_PNP=y,
>   CONFIG_IP_PNP_BOOTP=y, CONFIG_IP_PNP_RARP=y and CONFIG_ROOT_NFS=y).

This was on purpose since a lot of people complained about the long wait
looking for a BOOTP server that wasn't there. I think we can just get
around this with simple RARP and NFSROOT right? Can't we just pass the nfs
server/root and IP address on the boot command (not as pretty, but it allows
us to avoid the long hang)?

I'm still not sure about the nfs mounting. I remember having this problem
a long time ago on my first slink install for an IPC. I can't remember if
I got around it, or just did it another way.

I will bring my 1+ home next week so I can start dealing with some of
these issues.

Eric, you noticed the sun4c rescue image right? I was able to squeeze that
thing down all the way to be small enough for a single floppy and still be
uncompressed. My 1+ had issues with the old floppy boot, so I will be able
to test this image too.

`     bcollins@debian.org  --  bcollins@openldap.org  --  bmc@visi.net     '